The Big Backpack Give Back is a unique and rewarding “Give Back” event that will give deserving local island keiki a cool enhancement to their school experience.
- Following an energetic briefing from our event officials, teams will first compete against one another in a series of exciting, point gathering games and challenges.
- With the competitive action winding down, the judges begin to tally the team scores, and based upon the standings, teams with the highest number of points will be rewarded with purchase power for the next phase of the program.
- Teams are now directed to their flagged staging areas, where brightly colored school backpacks await their speedy and organized packing expertise.
- With each team sitting in a straight line, the empty backpack will start off with the first person in line placing his or her school supplies neatly into the pack. Once done, the backpack is quickly passed to the next in line packer, where their items are placed inside. As the backpacks race their way down the strings of participants, the excitement builds. Upon reaching the last person in line, the first three teams to fill their backpacks will receive bonus points, and be awarded additional fillers for their packs.
There are 2 options available to the group when making arrangements for this particular program:
- Backpacks will be donated to the island’s local Boys and Girls Club, to Big Brothers and Big Sisters.
- The participating company may choose to donate their gift to another foundation or charitable organization.