The Big Bike Build Off is a powerful and uplifting “Give Back” event that will touch your group’s hearts, and put smiles on their faces!
- Following an energetic briefing from our event officials, teams will first compete against one another in a series of exciting, point gathering games and challenges.
- With the competitive action winding down, the judges begin to tally the team scores, and based upon their standings, the teams with the highest number of points will be rewarded with purchase power for the next phase of the program.
- Teams are now directed to their colorfully flagged building stations, where unassembled bicycle parts, tools, blank foam board, (to create a personalized license plate on) and safety helmets await them. In addition to these items, the three highest scoring teams will be rewarded with a predetermined number of additional accessories, to further dress up their bikes.
There are two options available to the group when making arrangements for this particular program:
- The young recipients from either, the local Boys & Girls Club, Big Brothers & Big Sisters etc., will be waiting off stage, and as “Three Dog Night’s” well known hit song “Joy To The World” begins to play, the deserving children, (Keiki) will march into view, as the crowd tearfully cheers them on! OR
- The Keiki will arrive before the start of the event, be introduced to the group, and join in on the fun & games with their designated team.
- As all bicycles are purchased well in advance of the event date, and with specific children in mind, the teams who have built the bikes will present them to their assigned Keiki.
- With cameras clicking away and with teams posing with the children and their shiny new bicycles, a representative from the particular organization will give a deserved Thank You (Mahalo) to the group.
The cameras keep clicking, participant’s tears keep on flowing, and all hearts are happy as the smiley-face Keiki, ride their bicycles around the event arena.